Come join us for our next Rotaract meeting Tuesday February 19th at 5:00pm in L212! As always, we will have pizza! Here are some things we will be covering at the meeting:
- Condom Couture: So, we’re going to participate in a “Condom Couture” fashion show. Michelle has volunteered to model a garment that we construct entirely of 1000 condoms that FaceAIDS gives us for free. Yep. Condoms. Weird. I know. But we need design-savvy, creative minds. Time to put your love of fashion to work!
- Rosie’s Place: Volunteer opportunity next month, sign up at the meeting! There are very limited spots, so be sure to come in and sign up!!
- Global Day of Service: More like a month of service…we’re currently planning 10+ volunteer opportunities for the Month of April, come in and see what we have to offer! From small-scale volunteering at local homeless shelters to large-scale zoo or park clean-ups. Any we get tee-shirts. Uh-mazing.
- Social: We’d love to plan a Sam Adams or Harpoon Brewery trip soon–please come in and we’ll take a vote on what day or weekend works well for everyone!
Hope to see everyone there!
Come join us for a Rotaract meeting in L206 at 5:00pm on Wednesday February 6th. The agenda for the meeting is below. Hope to see you there!
- Guest speaker: Dierdre Pierotti will be speaking to us about salary negotiations and health plan comparisons–Very important skills to learn, especially if you’re planning on graduating this semester!!
- Healthy Recipe Exchange: I gave out note cards last week for this semester’s healthy recipe exchange! Bring back your healthiest (or most delicious recipes) for us to share!
- World Peace and Understanding dinner: Thursday 2/7 (sign ups have closed, we will be discussing details tonight)
- Bake Sales: We’ve organized 2 bake sales this semester, and would like to talk about a charity to donate the proceeds to during our meeting
- Volunteer opportunities: Heather has some great volunteer opportunities coming up–hear about when and where they are and sign-up
- Dues: Also remember $10 dues are being collected as well! Let’s keep the pizza at meetings!
Happy New Year, Rotaracters!
After a relaxing break, Rotaract is back and ready for action in Spring 2013. Join us at our first meeting of the semester: Wednesday January 23rd from 5:00-6:00pm in L206.
Come learn about our exciting volunteer, social, and professional development activities and events this semester. We are currently looking to fill two positions on our executive board: treasurer and international service chair. If you are interested, email Michelle Vickery (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. We will also discuss the positions at our first meeting.
We look forward to seeing new and familiar faces on Wednesday the 23rd!
As we all pack up for the winter and head in different directions. Be ready to come back for the Spring Semester with some fun activities, volunteer opportunities, and guest speakers!
Have a wonderful break!
Hello all new and returning members!
This TUESDAY September 11th at 5pm in L-112 will be the first ROTARACT meeting of the semester. We will be discussing what our chapter here at BUSPH focuses on, as well as the foundations that Rotaract has to offer. There will be SNACKS available so make sure to come on time!
This year we are also starting with a fundraising and social activity that we will begin planning at our very first meeting! This is a great opportunity to get involved! The event will be an Oxfam Hunger Banquet and we will need as much support as possible because the date of the event is Friday October 5th! (subject to change)
We have 3 positions on the E-board available and will hold elections at the meeting. IF you are interested please be prepared to speak about why you want to be in the position.
*Secretary – Attend executive board meetings, schedule rooms for meetings, compile meeting minutes, take attendance, manage membership, update the website, among other tasks (start ASAP with help from other Exec. board members)
*Professional Development Chair - Brings speakers in for the club meetings, networks with many people/organizations and works towards helping the club members increase their knowledge of what’s available outside school (Great networking opportunity)
*Local Service Chair - Connects the club member with our local community though planning local service events throughout the semester (First event will possibly be Sept 17th)
We look forward to meeting all of you and to a great semester of service and FUN!
IMPORTANT REMINDER: If you have not paid dues, please do so by this Friday 3/2 at Induction. Brennan is still collecting them!! Hurry!!
This week we have a few events going on:
Wednesday 2/29, if you signed up to help at the Woods Mullen Shelter across from the BUSPH Crosstown building, don’t forget! It’s from 5:30-7:30, and you will be serving dinner.
THIS Friday 3/2, we have our Spring social/Induction Ceremony starting at 7:30pm at the Market Lounge, Downtown — 130 Water St, Boston MA 02110
See you all there!
Some important dates have been added on the calendar!!
Meeting on Tuesday 2/21 has been RESCHEDULED for Thursday 2/23!!
Check out some new events that have been added to the BUSPH calendar: Social with the Law school (2/23 at 9:30pm in Felt), BU Dance Marathon (3/31 to 4/1: 18 hours), BUSPH Talent Show (4/13 from 6-9pm in Heibert Lounge).
See you all next Thursday!!
We hope all of you had a happy new year, and a great break. Get ready to dive into some fun and exciting fundraiser events and volunteer opportunities. Our first meeting of the Semester will be next week: Tuesday, Jan. 24th, Rm L-203.
As always, this club is about team collaboration. If you have any new fundraising ideas or service activities, please comment on the website, email the executive board, or speak up in meetings. Bring an appetite to the meeting.
Welcome to the BU SPH Rotaract website! You can find information on upcoming meetings, club activities, members, and contact information for our executive board. Thanks for visiting!